Boston & Wakefield Lawyer for Modifications/Contempts on Support or Custody

Did you enter into an agreement that does not work for your current situation? Did you agree to pay a certain amount of child support or alimony at one time but cannot afford to continue those payments? Do not disregard your Agreement or Judgment and be held in Contempt of Court. If there has been a significant change in circumstances since your order or judgment was issued, the court may make a modification.

In order to change a prior judgment, a party must file a Complaint for Modification and an Agreement or Motion for Temporary Orders.   If both parties agree to this change or modification, you may want to speak with a Mediator in order to file a joint modification. If not, contact us as soon as possible in order to make all necessary changes to your current Agreement.

Contempts: You may find yourself in Contempt of Court if you fail to follow an agreement or order made by the Court. Being found in Contempt is very serious, as the Court has the power to send you to jail or issue significant fines. If you are the individual seeking to file a contempt, be aware that attorney fees can be awarded if they find the Defendant guilty of contempt.

If you would like more information, please call us at (617) 973-6446 or email us 

Recent Posts